Black News Channel (Tallahassee, FL)
January 2020 – Present
OTT/IT Operations Director
- Oversee all channel acquisition and existing channels flowing into the network.
- Conduct discussions with content distribution providers to plan the delivery of content, as well as with internal and external executives on source acquisition needs for clients.
- Maintain an encoding platform (ATEME/Harmonic) for content delivery into the Transcoding network.
- Support other engineers and product owners with broadcast workflow expertise while maintaining tight SLA measurement and enforcement.
- Plan, develop, implement, and manage information technology and computer systems.
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training, and coaching employees, communicating job expectations, and appraising their performance.
- Ensure security of data, network access, and backup systems.
- Act in alignment with users’ needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational mission and vision.
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost-effectiveness.
Keiser University (Tallahassee, FL)
June 2018 – Present
Information Technology Faculty/Program Director
- Leverage expertise to deliver educational services to students through academic advising and preparing/delivering course materials.
- Assist students in developing career competencies and strategies that will prepare them to enter the job market as entry-level Information Technology Professionals.
- Serve as liaison between faculty and students of the program and between faculty and university administration.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of student retention plans.
- Assist in the development of the departmental annual budget, based on faculty input.
- Hold periodic program and advisory board meetings and maintain minutes of these meetings.
- Assist in the enhancement of corporate engagement and support.
- Secure resources to enhance student engagement and increase matriculation.
- Perform special assignments including executing curriculum changes as delegated by the department chair, dean, and other university administrators.
Florida A&M University (Tallahassee, FL)
August 2017 – December 2017
Adjunct Instructor (Department of Computer and Information Sciences – CIS)
- Assisted students in developing career competencies and strategies that will prepare them to enter the job market as entry-level Information Technology Professionals.
- Prepared structured activities and workshops designed to prepare juniors and seniors for professional life during an internship or initial career placement.
Florida House of Representatives (Tallahassee, FL)
January 2017 – June 2018
District Secretary for Rep. Ramon Alexander
- Managed operation of the Representative’s district office, schedule, travel arrangements, and expense accounts.
- Managed constituent inquiries and casework while serving as a liaison between the representative and constituents of the Legislative District.
- Facilitated and coordinate communication between the representatives, legislators, state officials, staff, agency personnel, stakeholders and constituents in the development and advancement of legislation.
- Identified, monitor, and respond to district-specific issues.
- Supervised, as delegated by the member, independent interns, and volunteers.
Florida Department of Health (Tallahassee, FL)
March 2011 – December 2016
Senior Network Systems Analyst / Mobile Device Specialist
- Installed, configured, and maintained secure WAN, LAN, and WLAN networking systems with respective/efficient IP allocation and wireless coverage utilizing Cisco, Aruba Networks, Dell, and Fortinet equipment within headquarter, branch and remote locations throughout the 67 counties in the state of Florida.
- Provided secure wireless data connectivity for over 1000 mobile devices (i.e.: Laptops, iPhone, iPad, and Android Tablets) via in-house Wi-Fi, Remote Access Points (RAPs), and cellular 3G/4G networks.
- Assisted in configuring and deploying over 100 Nortel and Avaya VOIP systems/handsets over WLANs, WANs, LANs, and Remote Access Points (RAPs).
- Served as liaison for over 100 Apple devices within a mobile workgroup.
Gadsden County Board of County Commissioners (Quincy, FL)
August 2007 – March 2011
IT Intern / IT Specialist
- Managed projects that implement PC based, audio/visual presentation equipment in five conference rooms.
- Initiated and conducted a project to deploy the use of over 20 mobile devices (i.e.: iPhone/iPad) within the enterprise.
- Responded to daily technical support emails, calls, and requests by both onsite and remote means.
- Utilized Microsoft Active Directory and Domain Group Policy to manage over 100 user accounts and PCs.
- Maintained three websites via a web-based Content Management System (CMS).
Florida A&M University (Tallahassee, FL)
Master of Business Administration
Florida Institute of Technology (Melbourne, FL)
MS in Information Technology
Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL)
BS in Information Technology
New Leaders Council (Tallahassee Chapter) – 2020 Fellow